Work Integrated Learning - WIL
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) is an umbrella term used to describe a wide variety of mechanisms through which practical experience is used to complement the teaching of theoretical concepts.
Navitas Professional supports the National Work Integrated Learning Strategy - designed to increase and encourage WIL opportunities in the Australian workplace; recognising the benefits to students, employers, universities and the economy.
- Increased employment outcomes
- Increased understanding of application of theoretical knowledge to a ‘real work experience’
- Increased soft skills such as confidence, communication, team-building, and leadership skills
- Increased understanding of workplace culture
- Provision of work-ready graduates
- Alleviation of skills shortages
- Identification of future talent
- Improvement in corporate image
- Access to highly trained, entry level graduates and identification of future talent
- Contribution to your industry and community
- Provision to assess current staff in a mentor/managerial role
Navitas Professional supports our university partners and their commitment to work-ready graduates with tailored Study to Work programs.
Study to Work programs are developed in conjunction with higher education providers and Navitas Professional, and integrated into a student's overall study program. This can involve components within a subject or as a complete subject involving internship placement.
Navitas can provide curriculum, integrated assessments, workplace projects, delivery of the program as well as work placement and access to industry events.
This may be in the form of a stand-alone internship or, depending upon the university, part of the institution’s WIL delivery.
The internship may be full-time or part-time and this would be determined by the student’s current class load and any visa restrictions. The program may also include a series of work-ready classes.