DIBP Skilled Occupation List (SOL) Update - Accounting
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) recently announced new occupation ceilings for immigration’s Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Although most popular occupations remained relatively stable for the next financial year (see below), accounting has seen a reduction in positions available from 2,525 to 2,500.
- 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analyst – 1482
- 2613 Software and applications programmer – 5662
- 2631 Computer Network Professionals – 1426
- 2633 Telecommunication Engineering professionals – 1000
- 2331 Chemical and Materials Engineering – 1000
- 2332 Civil Engineering Professionals – 2174
- 2333 Electrical Engineering – 1254
- 2334 Electronic Engineering – 1000
- 2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineering – 1539
- 2339 Other Engineering professionals – 1000
With this reduction, competition for available positions is more aggressive than ever. It is critical for recent accounting graduates to stand out from the crowd. Gaining relevant work experience within your field of study is a proven strategy for standing out.
Navitas Professional’s internship programs ensure you get to apply your theoretical knowledge in a practical setting. In addition, our programs give graduates a whole swag of adaptable soft-skills to prepare you for success in the workplace.
If you’re considering an internship, we encourage you to join one of our free trial classes. A trial class gives you a great preview of the quality of our trainers, professional networks, and our expertise in employability training.
Start your career with the right partner.
Register here for a free trial class today*.
*Currently available in Melbourne only.